CHICAGO — The Illinois Department of Public Health reported 6,943 new cases of COVID-19 Friday, including 36 additional deaths as the state marked a new daily testing high of 95,111.
The deaths were reported in the following counties:
- Adams County: 1 male 90s
- Carroll County: 1 female 80s
- Christian County: 1 male 50s
- Cook County: 1 male 40s, 1 female 50s, 1 male 50s, 1 female 70s, 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- DuPage County: 1 male 60s, 1 female 70s
- Fulton County: 1 male 70s
- Greene County: 2 females 90s
- LaSalle County: 1 female 80s, 1 female 90s
- Livingston County: 1 male 60s
- Macon County: 1 female 70s
- Madison County: 1 male 70s
- McDonough County: 1 male 60s
- Morgan County: 1 male 80s
- Peoria County: 1 female 90s
- Piatt County: 1 female 90s
- Saline County: 1 female 70s, 1 female 90s
- St. Clair County: 1 male 70s
- Tazewell County: 1 male 60s
- Wayne County: 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s
- White County: 1 male 80s
- Will County: 2 males 70s, 1 female 80s, 2 females 90s
- Winnebago County: 1 female 70s
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 402,401 cases, including 9,711 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from October 23 to October 29 is 7.3%. This is the number that IDPH has been consistently reporting in daily releases and is calculated using total cases over total tests.
IDPH has also been using test positivity for regional mitigation metrics since mid-July. Test positivity is calculated using the number of COVID-19 positive tests over total tests. The preliminary seven-day statewide test positivity from October 23 to October 29 is 8.5%.
As of Thursday night, 3,092 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 673 patients were in the ICU and 288 patients were on ventilators.
Feeds,News,Region: Chicago,City: Chicago
via WGN-TV https://wgntv.com
October 30, 2020 at 12:16PM