SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WIFR) – Illinois has reported 1,426 new COVID-19 cases with 12 additional deaths Saturday, including a Boone County man in his 70s.
The deaths include:
- Boone County: 1 male 70s
- Cook County: 3 females 60s, 1 female 80s, 1 male 80s, 1 female 90s
- Cumberland County: 1 female 100+
- DuPage County: 1 female 80s
- Kane County: 1 female 30s
- Lake County: 1 female 70s
- St. Clair County: 1 female 70s
The state’s seven-day statewide positivity rate has reached 3.6%, after rising for several days.
The Illinois Department of Public Health announced Saturday that the state’s total confirmed COVID-19 cases have reached 169,883, including 7,397 deaths in 102 counties.
This comes after on Friday, Illinois reported more than 1,500 new COVID-19 cases for a third consecutive day, following more than 1,600 on Thursday, which was the highest daily case total in Illinois this month.
Copyright 2020 WIFR. All rights reserved.
July 25, 2020 at 02:34PM