One year ago, JB Pritzker announced his campaign for governor. Since then, JB has introduced detailed plans, traveled across the state and connected with thousands of voters, and built a broad, grassroots coalition of Democrats ready to beat Bruce Rauner and win up and down the ticket in November.
“Over the past year, Juliana and I have met thousands of voters in every corner of the state and built a campaign infrastructure ready to beat Bruce Rauner and win big in November,” said JB Pritzker. “We’re going to put Springfield back on the side of working families with real plans and the help of energetic supporters in every county.”
Here’s just a snapshot of what the campaign has accomplished over the past year:
- April 6, 2017: Watch: JB Pritzker announces his run for governor
- April 7, 2017: Crain’s: J.B. Pritzker is Chicago tech’s BFF in race for governor
- April 27, 2017: Illinois Times: Pritzker takes strong stand on abortion rights
- May 13, 2017: JB promotes innovation and entrepreneurship on two-day tech tour
- June 20, 2017: Congressman Luis Gutierrez Endorses JB Pritzker for Illinois Governor
Congressman Luis Gutierrez endorses JB Pritzker at Lincoln Methodist Church Monday, June 19, 2017 in Chicago, Ill.
- July 13, 2017: Peoria Journal-Star: JB Pritzker pledges downstate revitalization plan during Pekin visit
- July 23, 2017: WBBM: At Issue: J.B. Pritzker’s Ideas For The State To Help Poor Neighborhoods
- July 31, 2017: Chicago Tribune: Pritzker says he’ll lead Illinois as resistance state to Trump
- August 1, 2017: JB announces IllinoisCares: a plan to lead the nation in expanding access to affordable healthcare
- August 5, 2017: Rockford Register-Star: Pritzker touts record of good works, job creation
JB Pritzker announces his Lt. Governor Juliana Stratton Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017 at Sherwood Park in Chicago, Ill.
- August 10, 2017: Watch: Juliana Stratton joins ticket as lieutenant governor candidate
- August 23, 2017: Chicago Sun-Times: Pritzker nabs another endorsement: Secretary of State Jesse White
- August 30, 2017: Peoria Journal Star: JB Pritzker economic plan focuses on infrastructure, small-business growth
- September 5, 2017: WBBM: JB Pritzker, City Alderman Condemn President Trump’s Order To End DACA
JB Pritzker and Juliana Stratton kick off Think Big bus tour Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017 in Chicago, Ill.
- September 7, 2017: Watch: JB and HB 40 sponsors hand delivers 4,000 postcards to Bruce Rauner’s office
- September 25, 2017: Labor Tribune: Pritzker adds Laborers’ endorsement, promotes jobs plan
- October 8, 2017: WICS: Illinois Democratic County Chairmen’s Association endorses Governor candidate
JB Pritzker and Cheri Bustos attend office opening Monday, Oct. 9, 2017 in Moline, Ill.
- November 1, 2017: Chicago Sun-Times: Gov hopeful Pritzker spends $1 million on Obamacare enrollment ads
- November 3, 2017: WREX: Pritzker proposes marijuana legalization, criminal justice reforms
- November 16, 2017: WILL: JB Pritzker Picks Up Endorsement From Treasurer Frerichs In Governor’s Race
- November 20, 2017: Crain’s: Illinois governor candidate J.B. Pritzker wants to rebuild Democratic Party
- November 22, 2017: Vandalia Radio: Pritzker Opioid Plan Would Focus On Prevention, Treatment
Tammy Duckworth and Dick Durbin endorse JB Pritzker Friday, Dec. 8, 2017 in Chicago, Ill.
- December 8, 2017: NBC 5 Chicago: ‘I Will Be in Charge,’ Pritzker Says as Durbin, Duckworth Endorse Him
- December 17, 2017: The Southern Illinoisan: At campaign stop, Pritzker tells Southern Illinois Democratic Women he’s ‘ready to resist’
- January 22, 2018: Chicago Sun-Times: Pritzker betting the pot on legalizing marijuana in governor’s race
JB Pritzker and Juliana Stratton kick off the second Think Big Bus Tour Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 in Bloomington, Ill.
- February 22, 2018: Quad Cities Dispatch-Argus: Pritzker wants to help state’s underserved
- March 8, 2018: State Journal Register: J.B. Pritzker: Use Illinois governor’s office to help people
- March 12, 2018: Chicago Sun-Times: Endorsement: J.B. Pritzker and the future of Illinois
- March 20, 2018: Chicago Sun-Times: J.B. Pritzker runs away with Democratic nomination for governor
- March 21, 2018: Crain’s: Pritzker soars, Rauner survives, setting up November battle
- April 3, 2018: JB and Illinois Educators hold #RaunerFailedMe press conference
Looking to Advertise? Contact the Crusader for more information.