Illinois Restaurant Association Names First-Ever Recipients of Scholarship Program
The Illinois Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (IRAEF) is pleased to announce the first-ever recipients of the new Charles and Rochelle Trotter Scholarship, a need-based scholarship supporting aspiring chefs based on the late Chef’s lifelong mission. Established earlier this year as part of a six-figure endowment called the “Charles and Rochelle Trotter Endowment Fund,” the scholarship was developed as part of a strategic partnership between Charlie Trotter’s Culinary Education Foundation (CTCEF), Rochelle Trotter and IRAEF.
Eight winners were selected and announced at IRAEF’s Annual Scholarship Awards Luncheon in late June, where Rochelle Trotter gave the keynote address. Recipients were awarded $2,500 to $4,000 each, which they will apply toward culinary arts and hospitality programs. Recipients of the Charles and Rochelle Trotter Scholarship were selected based on an application of scoring for merit, culinary service and completion of an essay on the topic of excellence. The Chicagoland recipients include:
- Christopher Chavez of North Grand High School, set to attend Washburne Culinary Institute
- Joseph Clay of Simeon Career Academy, set to attend The Illinois Institute of Art Chicago
- Tatyana Coleman of Simeon Career Academy, set to attend Northern Illinois University
- Jackeline Mendez of Elgin High School, set to attend Robert Morris University
- Julia Monarrez, a second year scholarship recipient continuing her studies at Moraine Valley Community College
- Symphony Palmore of Simeon Career Academy, set to attend Washburne Culinary Institute
- Kyle Robinson of Simeon Career Academy, set to attend Washburne Culinary Institute
- Martinique Thompson of Dunbar Vocational High School, set to attend Monroe College
For more information about IRAEF or details on how to apply for a scholarship, please visit http://ift.tt/29S2DzT.
Read more: Chicago Hispanic Newspaper, Lawndale News, Hispanic Bilingual Newspapers, Su Noticiero Bilingue » Illinois Restaurant Association Names First-Ever Recipients of Scholarship Program